Friday, December 18, 2015

Mouse King and the Boys

Mouse King and the Boys
Acrylic on masonite, 5x5
purchase here
This Mouse King is special - he has wonderful, silky gray fur around his face and ears!  His fancy gilded cape and bejeweled crown are spectacular!  On either side, are the boys - one a baseball player and the other a football player.  A couple of all American nutcrackers here, complete with baseball, bat, football and face mask!  As Christmas nears, the house is slowly getting back to order.  Living room is painted,  the historic woodwork is up on three of the four windows, and furniture is returning to their places. Anyone who knows me, knows how hard it is for me to have things out of order.  It is hard to focus on anything, as every little thing out of place "screams" at me as I see it.  So, I am looking towards the light at the end of the tunnel.....and I see peace on the horizon!  Painting number 1081 in 1081 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment