Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Nutcracker Artist

Nutcracker Artist
Acrylic on masonite, 5x5
sold
Yes - this is actually an artist nutcracker!!  I wish this beauty was in my own collection!  This is another wonderful nutcracker shared with me by Candy Kultgen - and I knew I had to paint him as soon as I saw him!  The palette, paintbrush, and easel are fabulous - and that wild hair and mustache!! He has definitely been painting en plein air!  I love the way it flows with reckless abandon!  He is certainly a free spirit - and so fun to capture with acrylics!  As an artist, I must say that no self respecting artist would lay colors out in this order on their palette - it should run yellow, green, blue, violet, the red. Silly nutcracker!  This is painting number 1085 in 1085 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment