Saturday, December 26, 2015

Santa & the Jester

Santa & the Jester
Acrylic on masonite, 6x6
I love the sound of rain hitting the roof!  It is especially good when I have finished most of my chores for the day, and I can pick up my brushes and paint!  This season finds me drawn to capturing Santa in nostalgic scenes, and doing so in black and white!  On this one, I have used mars black and titanium white, with the tiniest bit of red oxide to warm the tone.  This lovely nutcracker was another supplied to me by Candy - and this is only the second time I have painted one in black and white!  This jester had so many colors of equal value that it made the painting of him more difficult.  I needed to push lighter and darker to give him form.  He does have such wonderful colors....I think I will have to do him in color, too - before the season is gone and I move onto snowy landscapes!! Painting number 1089 in 1089 days - now back to family time!

No comments:

Post a Comment