Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Santa & the Nutcracker

Santa & the Nutcracker
Acrylic on masonite, 5x5
purchase here
Tonight, I am merging my Santa theme with my Nutcracker theme - and voila! - Santa is putting the finishing touches on his nutcracker!  I really love the vintage feel of painting in black and white, and on this painting I have warmed that black with a little red oxide - which give the darks a lovely warm tint.  I found a wonderful old photo album that I had borrowed from my parents today, and the very first photos were of my favorite grandma!  It brought tears to my eyes!  I have been thinking of her so much lately, and I still miss her even though she has been gone some time now.  I will be taking that album to this weekend's Christmas dinner at my cousin's house.  That whole side of the family will be there, and most of them are in it, too!  What a wonderful gift to see her again on the pages of that album.  Painting number 1086 in 1086 days.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful painting, and glad you found the album and were able to enjoy the photos, especially of your Grandma. Have a fun time. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so beautifully done, I love the feeling it has!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of old photo albums, tho most of the people are gone now. I love your little santa, looks so vintage in B&W.

    ReplyDelete