Sunday, December 27, 2015

Skier & the Drummer

Skier & the Drummer
Acrylic on masonite, 4x6
purchase here
Today was our Frank side family Christmas, this year hosted by my cousin, Carla.  It is always so nice to get together with aunts, uncle, cousins and their families - which are growing!  In our busy times, I don't see these families nearly enough!  It is fun to have so many little ones running around - and next year we add one more!  I remember the days when I was one of those little ones running around!  As the oldest grandchild, I loved having my cousins under my care!  I wish they lived closer, and we could see more of them.  Once we were home from the gathering, I was at a loss for what to paint.  Pouring over some of the recent reference work, I decided on these two nutcrackers (thanks once again to Candy).  I am still using the limited palette, and blocking the whole painting in quickly with a 10 minute color study before adding dimension to those masses.  Sometimes, I feel I could use a little cad yellow light on my palette - but so far, I have done without - and don't ever think about it after the initial block-in.  This painting makes 1090 in 1090 days....and the days of painting nutcrackers are almost up until next December!

No comments:

Post a Comment