Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Thoughtful Santa

Thoughtful Santa
Acrylic on masonite, 5x5
purchase here
Tonight, I am returning to impressionism using only my Mars Black and Titanium White. With a short 30 minute painting window (the time remaining before heading out to see the new Star Wars movie), I blocked in the values.  Working fast, I had this almost finished before I was rushed out the door by my family! Just now coming back to my easel for those finishing touches - I wonder why I don't do more of this?  I do so love portraiture!  It feels SO good to get into the paints in this way - like coming home for Christmas!  I really want to dig deep into portraits in the coming year - I feel them pulling at me even now!  Painting number 1084 in 1084 days.  What will I paint tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment