Thursday, December 31, 2015

Wooded Winter Creek

Wooded Winter Creek
Oil over acrylic on masonite, 7x5
Happy New Year's Eve!! The freezing rain followed by snow the other day, left a winter wonderland in it’s wake!  Early mornings found me painting the early morning color with just a touch of cad red light in the sky.  It has been a very long time since I have painted a landscape in acrylics, but today they were calling my name, wanting me to try the new portrait methods with the landscape.  The underpainting is completely unsketched, and limited palette color blocked in quickly, but I found myself longing for the buttery strokes of the oils to finish, especially in the water and the sky.  I just could not get what I wanted with the acrylics alone.  So this painting is oil over acrylic on masonite!  Love the depth that can be achieved when applying oils over the matte acrylics!  Painting number 1094 in 1094 days :)

11 comments:

  1. Wow a beautiful and serene winter landscape, reflective and shimmering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, thanks for linking to Art Journal Journey, Happy PPF and Happy New Year, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful ! So glad you linked this to Art Journal Journey !
    Happy New Year!
    Happy PPF!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. exquisite work! I can feel the chill in the air and would love a winter stroll along the creek. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful winter scene

    Thank you for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The technique you used with acrylics and then oils on the water turned out beautifully. You can just feel how cold it is in that landscape. A real winter wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful and tranquil and so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is wonderful and truly a winter wonderland painting :) And then I am amazed that you have been painting every day for 1094 days, just incredible :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, Tammie! Your work of art is absolutely beautiful and a perfect painting for the winter theme! I absolutely love it and am in awe of your talent!!!

    ReplyDelete