Monday, January 11, 2016

Golden Hair Troll

Golden Hair Troll
Acrylic on masonite, 5x5
I am painting another of my beloved childhood trolls today - this one with golden hair!  Their cheerful faces, wild hair and super cute bodies were always so adorable!  I wonder if I was the only one who wondered why these little trolls only have four fingers on each hand?  Even as I paint, the same question comes back to me....why only four fingers?  That is just not right.  Can you tell I am a perfectionist?  Not just a borderline perfectionist, but a dyed in the wool, hard core perfectionist - and I think I must have been born that way!  Another thing I loved about these trolls?  I could never control their wild and crazy hair any more than I could my own - so here, we are kindred spirits! Another Monday, so very late at my easel, and this painting makes 1105 in 1105 days, Day 12 of the current 30 Day Painting Challenge.  And now to bed!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love these paintings of troll dolls. I had a couple, and they had a whole wardrobe of clothing scraps from my mother's fabric collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted a troll doll. Love yours :)

    ReplyDelete