Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Icy Creek

Icy Creek
Oil on masonite, 6x6
purchase here

Much to my surprise, I woke up to sleet pelting the windows at 3:00 in the morning.  Often, when I can’t sleep, I will get up and get some chores done.  I always feel better!  I know I’ll be tired when the alarm goes off, and if I’ve at least gotten some of those things done - its okay!  I can hit the snooze!  Well, back to the sleet - next came some freezing rain, which creates a fabulous sparkle on trees and foliage!  So, departing from my monthly theme - I am painting the beauty around me.  We have so few of these beautiful icy days - I simply must capture them in oils!   Painting number 1100 in 1100 days and Day 6 in the current 30 Day Painting Challenge.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful brushwork & color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning painting! You have certainly captured the cold in it. Congratulations on having achieved the 1100th daily painting.

    ReplyDelete