Friday, January 29, 2016

Screech Owl in Ink

Screech Owl in Ink
Pen and ink on paper, 5x7

With so much on my plate this last week, I’ve been longing for my pens, paper, and some quiet time!  Finally, tonight, I have gotten the chance to get back to this very organic medium.  Drawing is the most natural thing in the world for me, and to slip back into it is like wrapping up in a warm blanket with a hot cup of tea!  We have various owls around, and hear them often at night.  I have always loved their noises, but now that we have a tiny dog - I think of them in a whole new way.  I must go out with little Chewy at night - just to guard him!  They are still beautiful to draw, but I’m keeping them away from our puppy!  I have also decided to sign my pen and ink work along the form of my drawing, instead of sticking out by itself at the bottom left or right.  Doing so just feels more artistic, as if it adds rather than distracts......Artwork number 1123 in 1123 days, and Day 30 of the 30 Day Painting Challenge - another successful event!

2 comments: