Friday, January 8, 2016

Trolls!

Trolls
Acrylic on masonite, 5x5
sold
I am painting one of my childhood favorites - trolls!  I think my Aunt Vicki first introduced me to trolls - and since I thought she was THE coolest - trolls were soon a favorite! I remember visiting my Great Aunt Lorene on their large farm, and I found one of these trolls back behind a barn amidst a treasure pile of junk!  That find kept me digging through that junk pile for years! Tonight, I am using my limited palette in acrylic to paint these dolls with short, impressionistic strokes.  I love the way the acrylic strokes just lay down where I put them, only blending if I work them quickly, or by layering.  As always, I do not use any medium or water when painting with acrylics, which gives such rich color to the painting. This is painting number 1102 of 1102 days and Day 8 of the 30 Day Painting Challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Brings me right back to my childhood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying your toy series for the 30in30, too. Been watching each day to see what's next. :-)

    ReplyDelete