Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Winter Blues

Winter Blues
Acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas, 4x4
purchase here
Winter cold has moved in, and the countryside is blanketed with a light snow.  With more expected, I am hoping to awake to all it's glory in the morning!  Today, I am painting very small - only 4 inches square, and using acrylics.  With a cloudy, dark day, I pushed towards the blues.  I like the quality of these small gallery wrapped canvases, but once again, I care not for painting on the woven texture of canvas.  I do like the results, and I did prime first with gesso, but without my usual tint for landscapes.  I have a few more, perhaps I will wash a little color on them first.  I only paint on white when doing the portraits or figures in acrylic.  All other times I prefer to wash some color over that gesso!  This chilly landscape is painting number 1114 in 1114 days and Day 21 of the current 30 Day Painting Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment