Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Mick

Mick
Oil on masonite, 6x6

Another day, another icon!  The planes of Mick Jagger’s face are SO interesting, it made this portrait an adventure in pushing and pulling the paint!  I did sketch out his masses with my brush and thin, black paint.  I have been jumping in and painting all the masses, and letting the features develop, but I felt a more traditional route was important here.  Using mainly titanium white and ivory black, I have tinted those shades ever so slightly with naples yellow and ultramarine blue (just to bump up the cool and warm temperatures).  I love his expressive eyes - it is like looking into the soul of an artist!  I was asked today what inspires me.  Life inspires me.  The beauty of nature, the love I feel, even the people and music in my life, endlessly inspire me.  So many wonderful  things to capture, so little time to paint!  Painting number 1148 in 1148 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment