Sunday, February 7, 2016

Sailboats on Blue Water

Sailboats on Blue Water
Oil on gallery wrapped canvas, 4x4

I spent the morning lazily with Mike, then I went to my daughter’s house to get her help with a problem I’ve had with blogspot the last few days.  Returning home late afternoon, I then had chores to do before the Super Bowl, and next I spent all afternoon reading my 6th grade diary!!  I was SO goofy at 12 years old!  It looked like I’d frittered away my painting time.  A  moody sky was drawing me in, and so I began.  I was  very quickly in the zone, and moved from painting to painting - finishing 4, including one that had dodged me two days ago!  Perhaps, I was truly channeling my 12 year old self - and painting with the wild abandon of youth.  This painting makes 1132 in 1132 days.

5 comments:

  1. Quite serene and beautiful clouds and all! We were all goofy at 12.... sometimes that little 12 year old spirit invades this almost six decade old body too!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. how beautiful, and boy how I'd love to be in one of those boats on the water somewhere WARM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So a beautiful painting! I wish I was somewhere warm right now! Have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete