Monday, February 22, 2016

Young Elvis

Young Elvis
Oil on masonite, 6x6
I started out this week painting flowers with my new Princeton Catalysts.  I have now gone from flowers to rock and roll with the last two paintings!  I have never painted in this theme before, and it is super fun!  It gives me a rush to jump into new methods and new subjects!  These last paintings have all been painted on rough finished panels, which I had intended for acrylic portraiture, but the top coat I gave them of gloss medium with a rough synthetic brush was just too rough for the acrylics, the paint simply did not flow over the deep nap. Now that I'm using oils and catalysts for these portraits, the heavy texture is a bonus - allowing the blades to pull over the top, leaving interesting marks!  SO FUN!  And, I am really enjoying the subject matter!  Who knew? Painting number 1146 in 1146 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment