Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Follow the Leader

Follow the Leader
Acrylic on masonite, 7x5

With only a small painting window before picking up the boys, I jumped right into this reenactment painting.  Complete with three horses and one man, I treated the horses as one mass.  I have painted quite a few white horses lately, and it is a study in reflective color from their surroundings.  I really could see the greens, blues and even warm reds reflecting off their coats from other surfaces.  I needed to share the color of the chestnut horse with the landscape, to keep him from sticking out like a sore thumb.  My “sta-wet” palette is drying out, I’ve had to keep the ceiling fan running for big red lab - and it is not conducive for keeping the acrylic palette wet!  At this rate, I will have to replace the paper top in a day or two, when it has otherwise lasted me for months!  This painting makes 1169 in 1169 days.
initial color block in

No comments:

Post a Comment