Friday, March 4, 2016

Girl with Horse - sketch

Girl with Horse - sketch

Drawing is just like all other skills, if you don’t use it, you lose it.  I don’t normally do thumbnails, or sketches before I embark on  painting, and so I am doing so now in an effort to keep up with my daily drawing!  I am going to concentrate on figure work this month, and so here I have the figures of both girl and horse.  I will be using loose, impressionistic strokes when painting - which will be quite a contrast from the linear pen and ink sketch.  What will be a real plus though, is that I will thoroughly know my subject before painting.  I want to be able to effortlessly add figures in the landscape, where detail is at a minimum, and where the placement of the strokes show the movement.  It is something I need to strengthen, so it will be my focus - even though I may just slip a few other paintings in to break things up!  This drawing makes 1157 in 1157 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment