Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Going Home

Going Home
Acrylic on masonite, 7x5

I had limited time to work on this painting, in between the busy appointments of my day.  I worked quickly to block in the color, and I put a little more finish into those masses - as I was thinking ahead without realizing it.  I must say, these figures grow more natural by the day!  This is another painting from my reenactment photo treasure trove, and I am having so much fun painting these!  As I look at this now, I may have put a little more polish on the horse than necessary, and perhaps I need a little more definition in the foreground.  As it is already getting late, I will let it rest for the night, and look again with fresh eyes in the morning.  This painting makes 1168 in 1168 days.
block in

No comments:

Post a Comment