Friday, March 18, 2016

Swallowtail

Swallowtail
Pen and ink on paper, 5x6
Today, I draw butterflies!  No more of yesterday’s stressful cafe scene painting for me.....well, not today.  I do need practice, and practice I will, but for now I am retreating to my happy place!  I am using Pitt pens, black india ink, to complete this butterfly drawing.  I work loosely with my pens, letting the image unfold as the strokes spill out the tip.  I have not kept up with completing a pen and ink drawing every day, but I will continue to draw whenever I get the chance.  I sure wish there were more hours in each day, I never have enough time.  This pen drawing makes 1171 in 1171 days.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful and skillful drawing, congrats with keeping the series going. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is gorgeous! I love it so much! 1171 is an incredible accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely and I admire your pushing yourself to practice. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really lovely drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never think of you ever having issues with practice...gorgeous work as always!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful. The depth of field is perfect. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete