Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Yellow Daffodils

Yellow Daffodils
Watercolor on paper, 7x5

In the watercolors again today, I am painting loose and allowing the colors and water to work their magic.  Every painting is a lesson, and this one is a lesson on how to make 140lb paper work like 300lb.  It takes more work and planning when working with lighter weight paper, but I am trying to make the most of it.  I must work faster, because that paper absorbs and dries more quickly.  I must be careful not to overwork an area, because the lighter paper will not stand up to much brushwork.  This paper does have some texture, but I prefer more.  I have so little time for painting during spring break with al the kids home!  I find I am painting into the wee hours again!  This painting is the 1182nd in 1182 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment