Saturday, April 30, 2016

Clinging to the Creek Bank

Clinging the the Creek Bank
Oil on panel, 14x11


This peaceful creek runs between the house and the barns on the Deppe Farm in Washington.  I had to climb down the bank, and set up on a rocky plateau that was pretty wet under foot.  Protected from the strong wind, it was actually hot and humid down in my “painting hole”!  A wonderful place to explore, the frogs kept me company as I worked.  One even entertained me by laying back on the water, kicking his leg, as he looked sideways at me!  He was large - and so were his many friends!  The color of this water was a bit of a challenge, as it changes from browns to golds.  It has been a while since I’ve painted a creek - and I was so glad to get this in!
on location :)

No comments:

Post a Comment