Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Morning Prayer

Morning Prayer
Oil on panel, 8x10
Augusta Plein Air Paint Out

We headed out early for the New Melle paint out.  Since we didn't need to check in until 11:00, I found a sweet spot in the shade from which to paint this church on the hill in Defiance.  The historic St. Paul United Church of Christ is picturesque atop this sunlit, spring green hill.  I have painted it from the other direction, but not from this side.  As I worked, two half grown foxes peeked out of the barn, walking around the old car.  They sat in the sun, and didn’t notice me until I stepped out to take a photo of a bluebird perching on the fence beside me!  Love the wildlife I experience while painting in the open air!  Painting number 1218 in 1218 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment