Monday, May 16, 2016

Rainy Day Peonies

Rainy Day Peonies
Oil on panel, 10x8

After a very busy day, I come to my *new* easel late - and I’m trying out this “French Revolution” easel table top!  I rarely sit at a table to paint, but thought I would give it a try.  It worked beautifully - which also means it will also work if I need to paint in the car, due to rain or hail or the many other conditions that arise mid-painting!  I loaded my new palette, minus a few colors, as this one is smaller.  I also chose a few brushes (several of them from My Artscape), but I have yet to add small tubes of paint to the box.  I tried out both angled brushes tonight - and I like them!  I rarely stray from my brights and flats when in the oils, but I liked the strokes I could achieve, especially when it came to leaves and petals.  This painting makes 1230 in 1230 days - and what a wonderful day it was, Baby Nolan came home!
still life set up

No comments:

Post a Comment