Thursday, June 16, 2016

Fading Light at the Creek

Creeks are one of my favorite things to paint.  Especially, those with a wonderful twist as they move into the foreground.  We've had so much rain that the fields are very green.  I've lately added permanent green light to my palette, and it is really coming in handy.  It is an old tube from who knows where, but a good one to mix with various yellows.  I almost never use a color straight from the tube.  I will add whatever is needed to match it to the scene before me.  I used to mix all my greens, as I used a very limited palette.  I now prefer the convenience of tube greens to warm or cool as needed.  One favorites is cad yellow added to black.  It makes a fabulous olive green that is especially nice in the foreground. This painting makes 1262 in 1262 days.
Fading Light at the Creek
Oil on panel, 6x6
purchase here

No comments:

Post a Comment