Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Clouds over the Meadow

I love this time of year!  The heat of the day brings on the most beautiful and dramatic cloud formations in the afternoon!   I picked up a couple more of the Princeton poly tip brushes,  as well as my favorite Connoisseurs at Creative Coldsnow's yesterday.  One, an angled tip, and the other a smaller filbert.  When painting the clouds, it was hard to keep the clean filbert tip from leaving those perfect little marks. I found myself picking up a well used bright to soften the marks.  I wonder how these brushes will wear.  I really like the black heads and ferrules, they will not reflect the bright sun while painting outside,  and sometimes, that reflection can be blinding!  I am looking forward to some intensive "in the field" painting with them.  That is my true test for any brush that makes it into my paintbox.  Painting number 1294 in a 1294 days :)

1 comment:

  1. I always love seeing your cloud paintings. Beautiful technique.

    ReplyDelete