Friday, September 23, 2016

Autumn Begins

I will be having a large solo show, and as I look through my paintings I find myself wanting to revisit some of the older work.  My use of paint has improved so, that many of these large paintings could benefit from a little extra effort.  This is such a painting.  I pulled this older acrylic out, and just started laying in oils as I felt the need.  I'm going to see where this process takes me.  Can I get it to a place where I'm happy with it?   I don't know.  I always start fresh each day with a new panel.  Its totally worth a try, I can always paint a whole new landscape on it's surface of things go awry!  I am going to let this one rest until tomorrow, and see what I think in the light of day.  Painting number 1357 in a 1357 days.

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely, and going over it in oils, with you new, refined skills is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete