Monday, September 5, 2016

Sunflower Impressions

It was so nice to have Michaela home from college for the weekend!  We started the day with a family shopping trip to the mall, followed by lunch.  Once she was on her way back, and Mike went to run errands, I grabbed my paints.  Without much time, I stuck close to home, choosing the wild sunflowers for my subject du jour! My intention for the month of September is to paint every painting en plein air.  I always try to paint outside when I can, but I know that I can fall back in studio work.  But not this month!  I will not use that as a crutch.  Why take this stand for this?  Well, this is another 30 in 30 challenge, and this will be my focus.  I truly believe that one improves most who paints from life.  This painting is 1341 in 1341 days.

5 comments:

  1. Wow beautiful...I feel I have missed you lately!! I must catch up!! Great advice!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paintings are so colorful and that makes them so lively and happy looking! I, too, am doing my 30 days in plein air and I am finding it hard to find enough good locations. Thank you for you lovely comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic floral painting with so much depth! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful sunflowers, Tammie! And your paintings from the Cleveland Trail are also stunning.

    ReplyDelete