Friday, October 21, 2016

Sunrise over the Farm

Sunrise Over the Farm
Oil on panel, 10x8
Sold
Waking early, I kept an eye to the sky during my pre-dawn run.  The clouds had spread across the sky in a beautiful pattern, and it looked like the sun was going to work some magic upon rising.  I didn't even go back into the ranch house, but headed for my gear in the trunk.  Having already decided on my position, I set up my easel quickly and started blocking in masses.  No time for sketching, the color was beginning!  It was like running a race against the clock - just to get this scene painted before the fleeting pinks and turquoises were gone!  I love painting this time of day - I wish I could manage it more often!  This painting makes 1382 in 1382 days :)

1 comment:

  1. A difficult thing, to keep up with painting a sunrise....You did it, I love this painting.

    ReplyDelete