Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Winding Creek in January

How could I not take advantage of this beautiful, warm day?  Yes, I really should have been doing housework, and I still have ornaments to put in the attic.  But, I only had two and a half hours left of this glorious afternoon to paint - and I just couldn't waste it!   After getting chicken and dumplings in the crockpot (by special request), Michaela and I headed out to this winding creek which crosses 175th street between Mission and Nall.  I have wanted to paint this location for years!  I used my french resistance easel, which I've not set up since my last event.  I didn't even check the palette I pulled from the freezer!  I really need to scrape the dry paint off this one - and reload some of the paints!  As always, I just make due with what I have, although it would have been easier with a few of my favorites to dip into.  It felt just like spring or there!   I am going to remember this day when the ice storm rolls in!   Painting number 1462 in 1462 days.
Oil on panel, 14x11
purchase here

1 comment:

  1. Yuummm chicken and dumplings.. The piece of art is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete