Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Cattle in the Winter Field

Oh how I love to see cattle in a pasture!  It brings back so many childhood memories of grandma's farm, and of my great uncle Richard's farm, too!  We ran cattle for several years here, and I remember vividly having to chase them back over the fence with a broom in my hand!  These creatures are beautiful and gentle, and so peaceful to paint.  They graze slowly in the field, which is a big bonus when it comes to choosing animals to paint en plein air!  I wish my neighbors had a few of these in their pasture, then I could simply walk to the fence for a good pastoral view!  I simply must do more of these!  Painting number 1512 in 1512 days :)

7 comments:

  1. People think I am crazy when I tell them that the cow is one of my most favorite animals. I love this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The painting is fabulous. Here in Finland is an respected artist who paints cows and makes statues of them. They sell well.
    Happy PPF xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tammie, your art piece is very beautiful. A very peaceful setting. I agree, cows are beautiful and gentle. Nearly 20 years ago now, I used to have a milking cow (Friesian)- with a most placid nature. She was so patient as I learnt how to milk her. I'll remember those times forever. Happy PPF :D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful subject under that moody sky. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly couldn't tell where the real landscape stopped and the painting began (except for the frame). I had first thought it was an empty frame. Beautiful work, Tammie.

    ReplyDelete