Wednesday, March 29, 2017

JC Nichols Fountain in Ink

There is nothing as invigorating as first strokes on a new,  decadent paper!   This special paper just arrived from the UK - and I am going to reserve it for Kansas City's historic fountains!  This paper is thick, rough textured, and feels velvety to the touch!  If I leave my pen touching the surface,  the ink absorbs to a deep,  rich black.  I wonder how it will behave with watercolor.....dare I try it?  The edges are so beautiful,  it really should be framed floating,  for all to see the handmade artistry of this paper.  There are times when pinching pennies may be practical,  but skimping on paper is not one of them.  You definitely get what you pay for.  I love these 100% cotton khadis from India!  Drawing number 1541 in 1541 days.  So many fountains,  and only 20 sheets of paper.....
sold

No comments:

Post a Comment