Monday, April 10, 2017

Red Barn in Carthage

For my third paint of the day,  I chose this wonderful barn across the street from Red Oak II.  I love the architecture of it,  and the showy red paint!  How could I possibly resist it's call?  I never draw things out with pencil first,  I jump right into ink.  I like the loose,  sketchy lines that I tweak as I go.  Once the ink rendering was complete,  I started filling in with watercolor.  I use my water brushpen with my tiny pan sets (watercolor confections - classic and decadent pies) by Prima.  I can take them anywhere!   This probably took me 40 minutes to finish - and it will live forever in my special handmade journal. 
This workshop weekend has been super fun!  I can't wait for the next one!  Painting number 1553 in 1553 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment