Thursday, June 15, 2017

Mountain Trail Inked

The Yampa River Core Trail was the closest to our hotel, and the first one Michaela and I explored for a morning run.  Advised to dangle our keys to let the bears know we were coming, we ventured out!  The views are amazing at every turn, and the evidence of bear tracks were all over the trail.  This trail parallels the main thoroughfare in town, and leads out the other side.  Passing several other runners, I felt sure the bears weren't hungry.  They surely would choose juicier morsels than us!  I've gotten so fast at pen and ink sketches, I can do them on the fly with just a short pause in activity.  It really is remarkable how skills can improve with daily dedication.  Now, if only the watercolors were this fast for me.  I think they can be, I just need to devote more time to them.  Painting number 1618 in 1618 days.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is an amazing piece. On the fly? You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete