Saturday, June 3, 2017

Path by the Pond

What a fun morning in a very cool park!  I didn't even know this place was here - and it is only 20 minutes from me!  This was originally a farm, that is now a 380 acre park, complete with prairie, outbuildings, and a fabulous, secluded fishing pond.  It was the "Party in the Prairie" plein air event put on by the KC parks department. There was live music, horse drawn wagon rides, hot dogs on the grill, and plenty of people enjoying the park.  Michaela entered her first quick paint with me this morning - and we BOTH placed in the top 5!  SO exciting!  I love that we can share this over her summer break.  This pond was stunning in the morning light,  and was certainly worth the extra hike to get there.  I will be returning to this spot to paint often, and I see a Workshop on the Prairie in my future!  Painting number 1607 in 1607 days.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, gosh, Tammie! Your plain air paintings are delicious. I can see why you would return to this spot again. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete