Thursday, July 6, 2017

Pink Gladiolus - journal

I am experimenting in this new journal tonight.  The paper is handmade cotton rag from India, and the texture velvety and rather thin - I only work on one side.  Until now, I've only used my fountain pen and water brushpen in this. Today, I long to add color to the blooms, so I'm trying my watercolors with my brushpen.  The texture is not strong like watercolor paper, so I have to go easy on the water.  My brushpen is a little to abrasive too, and I have to be very careful.  My real brush would be better.  Once I got the color down, I took my Pitt pen and added some line work.  It is also the first time I've used that pen on the paper, and the super fine worked well. When it came to taking a photo on location, Beau jumped right in, knocking down one of those blooms in the process!  Another day, another plein air adventure!  Painting number 1639 in 1639 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment