Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Lavender Farm

Walking to the very eastern side of the lavender field, I set up my easel with the morning sun at my back.  The light was almost silvery as it gilded the rows.  With all rows leading to the barn, this was my composition of choice.  There is nothing like the scent of lavender surrounding me as I paint.  What an amazing place!  I didn't know this place even existed until a friend posted a photo from here just a couple of weeks ago.  Now, this will be an annual painting location just as the lavender comes into full bloom.  It inspires me to find a variety that will thrive in the heat of Missouri!  Painting number 1667 in 1667 days.
oil on panel, 14x11
purchase here

2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful there. Do you know how long they stay in bloom there. I have some but mine have come and gone.
    I will be there in Sept. but sure they will be gone then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is not much that is prettier than lavender fields. You captured the beautifully.

    ReplyDelete