Saturday, August 26, 2017

Party at Ripley Park

When I first landed in the charming town of Marceline, I was unsure of my painting location. I first sketched the Gucker Coal Co. building, the did the pre sketch of this landscape.  I knew it would be stronger in paint.  Backing my easel up against the shade of a building, I began laying in the masses.  There was a party going on in the park - with 900 people expected - and I dropped them in simply with strokes of color as they appeared. Most were in shadow, but many popped into the light at the fringes of the gathering. The new bridge is such a wonderful addition to the park!  And the icing on the cake is being awarded Best of Show at the end of the event!!  Wowza!! Painting number 1690 in 1690 days!!
oil on panel, 10x8
purchase here

No comments:

Post a Comment