Monday, August 21, 2017

Sailboats in Sister Bay

The sailboats along the coast of Door County call me in like a siren call.  I'm drawn to them, and can hardly pass by without painting them.  Living in the Midwest, I don't have the opportunity to paint these beauties, so I must seize the moments when I can!  I'm playing with the color a bit, injecting a little blue in a sunset where there was very little.  This is larger at 20x16, so it is important to step back often for the full view.  I think I'll let this one rest for now, and look with fresh eyes in the morning!  Painting number 1685 in 1685 days.
oil on panel, 16x20
purchase here

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness--what an exquisite painting. SO beautiful. This fills my eyes, which is the greatest compliment I can give.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Tammie I think this is one of your best. That water and the reflections are stunning. I also love the colors.

    ReplyDelete