Friday, September 15, 2017

Goldenrod and Sunflowers

Oh my!  What a day!  This morning seems so long ago!  This was a warm and muggy day for painting - but did I ever make the most of it!  Three paintings, two ink drawings, and a Missouri Valley Impressionist Society Signature show opening at the Albrecht Kemper Museum, followed by a nocturne paint out!  A great day to get experimental - and I did with two of them.  I was painting at my leisure for this prairie scene, and the peace and calm nearly oozes from it.  Funny how much of my personal experience of the moment seeps into each painting!  Painting number 1711 in 1711 days.
Oil on panel, 12x9
purchase here

6 comments:

  1. Lovely Tammy but difficult to see properly since it posted very small this week!!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh something just happened and it's bigger now...hmmm.. odd.. Very lovely!!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how is all that possible in one day? Congratulations. And a lovely photo of a lovely piece in the making. Thanks so much for sharing.

    Best wishes,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete