Thursday, September 28, 2017

JC Nichol's Fountain at Night

The night of the Brush Creek Nocturne Paint, I arrived late, coming straight from an opening at the Albrecht Kemper Museum.  Choosing a small panel, I walked the whole area surrounding the fountain.  I decided on a view I've never painted, from Broadway looking east.  I liked the echo of light in the fountain and light on the background buildings.  The sky was not yet completely dark, so I was able to mark those wonderful blues before they faded away.  I always position myself under a street lamp, where it will illuminate my panel and palette while I paint.  In this case, that light was a warm hue - which made my on location photo SO yellow I couldn't even post it!  I never know what I walk away with at night - not until I see it in the daylight the morning after!  This one was fun and very loose!  Painting number 1724 in 1724 days.
oil on panel, 10x8
purchase here

No comments:

Post a Comment