Thursday, September 7, 2017

Stone Pillar Vineyard

I've been wanting to visit this winery for a couple of months, and I finally got the chance!!  This place has been in the family for 150 years and has transformed from cattle farm to vineyard.  The vines are lush, with that wonderful late season color - perfect for painting!  I jump right to the paint today, because I had to.  I forgot my fountain pen!!  My kids scolded me for leaving it in the car all the time with my sketch supplies, and I did have one leaking from to much time in a hot car, so I took it inside.  And that is where it was when I reached for it for the drawing.  Shoot!  I also need to reload my business cards in all of my gear - I had only one to give away!  This painting unfolded naturally while I soaked in the beauty, enjoying a black cherry wine slush in perfect weather.  Days like these are meant to be savored, so I painted another one!  Painting number 1703 in 1703 days.
sold

No comments:

Post a Comment