Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Wild Sunflowers

As I finish each morning's workout at the gym, I run a mile or two to center my thoughts and plan for the rest of my day.  In these beautiful days, I run outside - right by this glorious meadow!  The last few days I've watched as it is approaching peak bloom for the sunflowers, and today I jumped in with paint!   The flow and sweep of the wildflowers and tall grass are a perfect backdrop for these yellow blooms of sunshine!  There are several other views I would like to paint here - I hope I get the chance!  The next few days are scheduled pretty heavy and then I have family arriving in town.  These are the days we plein air painters love - beautiful light, warm days with gentle breezes, and a gorgeous landscape before me.  Who could ask for anything more?  Painting number 1703 in 1703 days.
oil on panel, 13x9
purchase here

No comments:

Post a Comment