Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Hauling the Wagon Inked

I think I may be an art supply hoarder. I've been drawing with pen and ink nearly every day for almost 2 years, and just today I find a treasure trove of inking supplies!  Included are several dip pens in multiple sizes, countless nibs in many styles, a dozen large Levenger inks, all in different colors, and a large emerald ink in a fancy bottle. I MUST have a fairy godmother!  How on earth am I to carry on with Thanksgiving as usual with all of these glittering gems calling my name?  This ink is cocoa, and takes on a beautiful cool wine shade when water is applied. It moves well enough with a little persistence.  The golden nib has tiny writing on it, but I forgot to check it before cleaning and putting it away.  The nib is very fine and scratches at my cotton paper a bit. Though it has a deep well, it does not hold the ink as well as my new nibs.  Could this just be the way antique nibs are?  I don't know, but I'm going to have fun finding out.  I may just have 70 other nibs awaiting my attention!  Painting number 1778 in 1778 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment