Saturday, November 11, 2017

Liberty Memorial in Autumn

The morning was cool, and rain was expected.  I headed out to Liberty Memorial early for the Urban Sketchers Global 24 hr Sketchwalk. As part of the Kansas City chapter, our group would be posting our work on the global hashtag.  So exciting!  Parking out at the lot near the Pioneer Mother, this was the first scene I came to.  The autumn color here is still fabulous - but oh, how those leaves are falling!  With my thermal socks and layers on, I did try to sketch and paint with my gloves on.  No way.  It was just too much leather between my fingers and the brush.  So, I painted fast, left these supplies in the car when I moved it (2 hour parking), and took my ink bag up to the memorial.  By the time it was all said and done, the rain was falling lightly.  It was wonderful to see so many people turn out for the festivities.  This memorial to our veterans is truly a special place, with so much to see.  Perhaps this will become an annual tradition.  Painting number 1767 in 1767 days.
oil on panel, 10x8
purchase here

No comments:

Post a Comment