Sunday, November 12, 2017

Sister Bay Barn in Watercolor

I've not used my watercolors for a while, and yesterday, I could have used them in the field.  So, today finds me filling in ink drawings with color!  Sometimes, I only have time for a sketch, which I can come back to later, if I choose.  This is one of my favorite journals, and I especially love the rough texture and how that paint glides over the surface.  The sizing is a little thick in this particular journal, so my watercolor brushes are far more effective than the brushpens.  When I use the brushpens, I need water handy to rinse out the gunk periodically.  I sketch in my line drawing with India ink, which is waterproof, and then follow with paint.  I'm using my watercolor confections for this.  They are small and can be slid in a pocket for in the spot plein air.  I almost never get out my Daniel Smith's now, strictly due to the convenience.  I'm having so much fun, I think I'll do another!  Painting number 1768 in 1768 days.
Add caption

1 comment:

  1. Dear Tammie - what a super sketch. I just love your ink drawings with watercolor. The rough texture of this journal really adds to the country scene. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete