Saturday, December 16, 2017

Wooded Path in Ink

This has been one of those crazy busy days, so busy, I can't even recall all that filled this day.... sanding, sealing treads, ballusters and Newell posts and so many other things.  I had many ideas for painting in the early hours, but as the light was fading, it was the tranquility of the woods that calmed and centered me.  Even before the first stroke, two other subjects called, "Paint me!  Paint me!", but I turned to the quiet instead.  So often, my mind is racing, and it truly is therapeutic to focus on nature and commit it to paint.  Art therapy for my soul.  Perhaps, I'll get to those other subjects tomorrow.  Painting number 1792 in 1792 days.

1 comment:

  1. We all need those quiet times to reenergize ourselves. The path in the woods gives that to us.

    ReplyDelete