Wednesday, January 17, 2018

At Home in the Snow

What a gorgeous day for painting in the snow!  It felt like a heat wave (maybe 20 degrees) compared to the sub zero temps of yesterday!  The long blue violet shadows drew me to this spot, the yummy cool and warm tones playing in the snow.  I was not pressured by the cold at all today, so I could take my time to REALLY look at the colors.  This time of year is always about growth and expressing my feelings of a moment in time with paint.  Each stroke is truth, each passage a connection to the very place I stand.  To reach for that truth each day is a blessing indeed.  Painting number 1824 in 1824 days.

10 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautifully done plein air painting! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze me with your work, Tammie. Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome painting. And to see you outside.. Isn't the sun's shadowing unique. The colours amazing.
    Blessings
    Janis
    #40 Paint Party Friday

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way you painted these shadows is awesome. Love the colours too. Brilliant painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOhhh my word. I know, I know I have said this before with other pieces but I truly do believe this is my favorite. Your colors and shadows and shading. Wow just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! My! I felt goosebumps when the screen came up! Your painting fills my eyes, which is the greatest compliment I can give. WOW!

    Where I live it has only been down to 24 once--and that was in October. It's been warm in comparison to the rest of the United States--we've been in the upper 30's-upper 60s! I'm praying for some snow--I adore it. However, I don't think we're going to see any this year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your words and painting are so poignant this week! Beautiful!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. you've done great painting this snowy landscape!
    Wonderful!!!!
    greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a wonderful scene shows your painting. Gorgeous work! I love your winter scene very much.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete