Friday, February 16, 2018

Home Before Sunset

I could see the light starting to change as I ticked off chores on my "to do" list.  Always an eye to the sky, I just could wait no longer.  I put dinner prep on hold, and headed outside with my 5x7 thumb box.  This is the perfect size for those quick paint windows!  I simply hold it with one hand as I paint with the other.  My palette for this box of an Altoid tin!  No kidding!  I started with only the Zorn palette colors on this, but transferred many other colors to it when the glass broke in another palette.  Not willing to waste that paint - I dropped them into this tiny one!   As a result, my paints are NOT laid out in the same manner as every other palette I have.  It does not hinder me in the least.  When those little puddles are used up, I will not replace them.  Only my core paints will remain in the end!  Painting number 1853 in 1853 days.

3 comments:

  1. I Love so much how you share what your using and how painting time fits in with your daily living!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully painted Tammie, those long afternoon shadows are delightful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting all the info on how you did this. Inspiring! Just a beautiful painting and setting. I'll have to pick up a box of Altoids and give this a try.

    ReplyDelete