Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Still Water in the Creek

My calender was completely full today, but I simply HAD to squeeze in a painting on this gorgeous spring like day!  I could not pass a day in the 70's without getting in the field!  The winds were strong today, but down by these low lying creeks it is always comfortable.  In fact, the water was not even rippling in this stretch.  I love all the angles here, land masses, creek banks and water all converge as the water winds along. There is something very therapeutic about standing under the trees, at water's edge.  The sound of the wind in the tree tops and songbirds serenade me as I paint.  I become one with nature for a little while, and that is a very good thing.  Painting number 1866 in 1866 days.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely as always1 i hope you keep a look out for snakes, they are out!

    ReplyDelete