Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Stream from the Woods

It  was growing late in the afternoon before I had a chance to go paint.  Another day at 60 degrees could not be wasted, so I grabbed my smallest Guerrilla box - my 5x7 thumb box, and hit the road.  It was heavily overcast with a light drizzle, but still warm as I reached my destination.  I love all the angles here - and especially how rich and dark green the water is in back.  Dramatic.  So, I started by painting my darks, and next with lights.  The light is fleeting here in the woods this late, and I've found that if I don't get that color marked, it's gone with the sun in the blink of an eye!  This was a quick paint, the clouds growing heavier as I worked.  As I packed up and hiked to the car, the drizzle increased.  Looks like I timed it just right.  Painting number 1867 in 1867 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment